Thanks Patrick,
You are right for monitor resolution, but the results I obtain are differents (on the screen and on printer) from GIMP program and the others.

Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* Monique et Bernard Weill <bmwe...@free.fr> [12-27-09 11:11]:

Hi,

I am working on Windows XP, GIMP 2.6.7. like this:

1- I scan an image in 300 dpi at his real size: A4 and obtain file in Jpeg and/or Tif.
2- I open the file in GIMP.
3- I select part of the image and copy (Ctrl + C) the selection in the Clipboard.

And now my problem:
Past (Ctrl V) on:
- Gimp: the size of the copied selection is good (equal to the original size).
- Microsoft program like Powerpoint or OO program like Draw or Inkscape: the size is around multiply by 3!

Without other change, I have only modified scan resolution and redo the
full sequence: With 200dpi the copied selections are always good in size
in GIMP and around 2 times the original size in the external programs.
With 100 dpi the size of copied images seems good (equal to the original)
in all programs!

Unfortunatly with 100 dpi my images are not usables and I have to be in
300 dpi to do crop, select and so on.

I may be completely off-base, but your monitor probably has a natural
display resolution of 96-100 dpi so graphics at 100 dpi *appear* to be
the same size and 300 dpi (3 times monitor resolution) appear 3 times
larger.

Hope my English readabble and that you can help me.

No appologies necessary.  I hope my explanation is correct and makes sense.