On Sun, 2009-12-27 at 17:09 +0100, Monique et Bernard Weill wrote:

> I am working on Windows XP, GIMP 2.6.7. like this:
> 1- I scan an image in 300 dpi at his real size: A4 and obtain file in Jpeg
> and/or Tif.
> 2- I open the file in GIMP.
> 3- I select part of the image and copy (Ctrl + C) the selection in the
> Clipboard.
> And now my problem:
> Past (Ctrl V) on:
> - Gimp: the size of the copied selection is good (equal to the original size).
> - Microsoft program like Powerpoint or OO program like Draw or Inkscape: the
> size is around multiply by 3!

But that is expected. You are copying the pixels over the clipboard.
This doesn't say anything about how these pixels are displayed in other
applications. Most applications will look at the print-size meta-data of
the image in order to determine at what size the image should be
displayed. But you are not copying this meta-information when you copy
and paste pixels between applications.

It should be fairly easy though to adjust the display size in the target