On 1/22/2010 9:48 AM, Deniz Dogan wrote:
<snip>
> It didn't take me long at all to become productive in GIMP and I'm
> still learning! I'm in no way a professional, I mainly do web design
> using GIMP (which can be a pain at sometimes because it doesn't have
> layer groups like Photoshop).
>
> Try out different things, click stuff you have no idea about what they
> do. At least that's what I did... Tutorials helped me very little.

That's how I learned how to use GIMP. I don't like tutorials myself.
They tend to be rather specific, even though they are trying to teach
generalized techniques. I just experiment until I find something I like
and than I try to remember what I did so I can do it again. My favorite
tool right now is the fractal explorer. I have a good notion I'll never
become an expert at using it but boy, do I have fun[0]!

(:

[0]: http://adragonstale.joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/art/digital/
--
PIT