On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, robert schiffers wrote:

> iīve installed the gimp version 1.1 on my linux system (kernel 2.2.13 /
> kde 1.1.2). everything seems to work fine, with the exception of the
> "selection add/substract function" (Strg/Shift key). The icon changes
> when i push the Strg/Shift keys, but as soon as i start the selection
> with the left mouse button, the "replace selection mode" is activated
> again an di canīt add/substract any selection to a previous one :-(
>
> has anybody an idea or had the same problem?  every hint would be great.

All you have to do is hold down the shift key, press the mouse button,
release the shift key, make the selection, release the mouse button.

Hope this helps :)

Alex Harford                            Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
http://www.dowco.com/~alexh             Don't drink and derive.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Tel: (604) 225-0601