On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Hago Ziegler wrote:

> Hi,
> in the meanwhile I tried Gimp with different window-managers. The
> selection-tool works properly in fvwm and fvwm2, but nowhere else
> (also icewm). My daughter runs  Gimp in Win98. Also there everything
> works fine, only the selection tool won't.
> I don't think that such problems can be acceptable for the future.
> Hago

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are using a development version and not
the last stable one, you can't make a statement about problems not being
acceptable.  If you decide to use a dev version than you must accept the
risk of having bugs.  We are just lucky that the developers let us play with
non-stable versions.

Just my $0.02

Luc Bouchard