On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Erunantion wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Charles R. Tersteeg wrote:
>
> > I've tried to install these without success.  I have to reinstall my 75
> > dpi just to get my desktop back to normal..
> >
> > What would I have to as I have a rh6.2 system and the font rpms have an
> > error in the script (which probably do no get them installed).
> >
> > Chuck
>
> Well, I would suggest messing around with XF86Setup of XF86Config. I know,
> after RH6.1 the fonts directories are screwed up somehow, and I always
> wanted the extra fonts (dragonwick especially). So here's what I did:
>
> Hand-edit XF86Config & get rid of the line that has that wierd line in it
> that looks something like :\ (I can't remember what it actually looks

yes it does look that way and if I remember right it has :\unix ?

> like, but it's the odd line under FontPath that RH now uses to find
> fonts).
>
> Again Hand-edit XF86Config & put in new FontPath lines for each directory
> where fonts you want to include hide.
> (e.g. FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/freefont/"
>       FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/sharefont/")
>
> If you can't get the new fonts to show up in gimp, try running XF86Setup
> to try to get it to create a new XF86Config file. After it does that,
> check the FontPath lines again, redoing the part above if necessary.
>
> I know, this is a hard and round-about way of doing this. I had to do this
> a few times before it worked out. (And now I've lost a few fonts, namely
> zapf chancery, which I used for my webpage images.)

I have lost quite a few myself mainly  new century schoolbook which does
work but it's not what came with rh6.1

> If anyone out there knows a better way of doing this, please inform me of
> it. I'd love to get all my fonts back, as I need to add more images to my
> webpage, but I don't want to have to use another font.

Scarlett

>       Jonathan Erbe           aka             Erunantion
>                      The Annals of Middle-earth
>                 <"http://rush.baked.net/~jerbel/">
>            E-mail me at <"mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

                          \       /            _\/_
                            .-'-.              //o\     _\/_
                  ... anything is possible...

          Scarlett Parria ***  [EMAIL PROTECTED]