Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your replies; I'll go try installing 1.1.25 now,
although I'm kind of bummed that I'll be looking around for a shitload of
dependencies (I was going to update gnome so that it'll just be a one-shot
thing but helixcode seems to be broken at the moment and I have a 28.8
wireless connection).

On my solarisbox, also, GIMP doesn't recognize gif!  urg.