I can't pass the "configure" stage with version 1.2.0, for a strange
raison,
I have glib 1.2.8 and gtk 1.2.8 installed but there is no "gtk-config"
script
on my machine (Linux - Mandrake 7.2 - P-III 800mhz - 128M)

*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /etc/gtk/bin/gtk-config
configure: error: Test for GTK failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

so I tried to remove "gtk" files and
to re-compile the gtk package but then I can't again with the message:

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... yes
checking for X... no
configure: error:
*** X libraries or include files not found. Check 'config.log' for
*** more details.

and then configure failed, anyone can help me ???

--
Gérald Brosseau
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
La Photo du Jour