[mailed and posted]
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Bill Lee wrote:

> Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> > [...] I use gphoto to create thumbnail galleries [...]

> [...] But what an AWFUL file naming convention it uses for the
> thumbnail images! Is there any way to get that straightened out so the
> thumbnail image and the original are easily linked?

I don't think so, as gphoto is really designed to take images that have no
names in the first place (out of a digital camara).  Full versions of the
images are also written by gphoto with names corresponding to the
thumbnails, but there is no relationship to the original names.

Anyway, there is probably a pure GIMP solution to the whole thing with a
little bit of scripting.  But I don't know how to do that.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html