Well, this is what I did for mine:
1. Typed command "cal 2001" for calendar
2. Loaded up the screenshot taker in the multimedia
folder
3. Took a screenshot
4. Loaded it up in the GIMP
5. Cropped it
6. Colored the background
7. Brought in another image on top, opacity set to
something like 30%
8. Saved as PCX file, then JPG.

You can see the results here:
http://www.geocities.com/caljet72/graphics/seacalendar.jpg