I've updated the project page for gNS 5 [1]. I'm replicating the plan
of approach below (wiki syntax). Those who are interested in helping
should sign up as a gNewSense member on Savannah to get VCS write
access.

We will want to have Ucclia and Ucclia+1 in a single repo, so that
users won't have to change URLs in sources.list. So checking how we can
merge multiple repos is an important factor in the success of the
Builder approach.

== Plan of approach ==
 1. Set up VCS repo.
  1. Push Builder code back to Savannah.
  1. Announce on gnewsense-dev and assemble interested contributors.
  1. Give contributors write access to VCS repo.
  1. Create branch for every contributor. Sam acts as gatekeeper to
master.
 1. Builder acts on a single distribution. Find a way to merge multiple
distributions into 1.
 1. Update Builder to Debian.
  1. Strip down Builder to its core (remove gen scripts etc.)
  1. Update Builder for Debian without -security.
  1. Update Builder for Debian with security.
  1. Write package modifiers.
   1. Use Builder's packages/ mechanism (so we can have packages-ucclia
style development) or use gen-scripts?
 1. Go live with new repo.
 1. Make Builder deb package.

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/DevelopmentProjects/Gnewsense5