Let us get back to basics instead of bickering among ourselves.

How about trying to organize a high-level meeting of administrators and
see what agreement could be achieved to move forward as a group and not
through individual moves that keep on differing a little from each
other.

We need a group definition and implementation of some form of mandate
with teeth. Obviously, Bernard Rentier and the rector from Minho could
give their viewpoint on this issue in support of such a move. Obviously,
Stuart Shieber and others who have managed faculty self-mandating should
also be present.

Anyone listening? Anyone willing to cooperate on this?

Jean-Claude Guédon