On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Terry Manderson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>
>
> >>
> >>MUST vs SHOULD for this, I do think the MUST would be easy to handle. Is
> >>this a problem in an RS situation? Probbaly not... on the RS, but on the
> >>distant peer, it likely is hard(er) to deal with. I don't imagine many
> >>folk prefix filter the RS session very
> >> tightly only because memberships come/go and you may not always get
> >>timely notice (I have no idea when people come/go at the IX's I connect
> >>to).
> >>
> >>So, SHOULD makes some sense to me, at least in the RS peer/distant-peer
> >>world. Surely for direct BGP peerings MUST is a better idea, I think.
> >>
> >
> >I think then there is a difference here worth pointing out. It isn't a
> >"one size fits all" approach and the nuances are important.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >can you propose some text that the authors could inject?
> >
>
> Suggested text:
>
> BGP speakers in a direct peering relationship MUST only accept and honor
> BGP announcements carrying the BLACKHOLE community if the announced
> prefix is covered by a shorter prefix for which the neighboring
> network is authorized to advertise. In topologies where a Route Server
> or other distant-peer relationships, BGP speaker SHOULD accept and honor
> BGP announcements under the same conditions.
>
>
thanks!
-chris
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

Reply via email to