On 4/9/26 12:21, pinoaffe wrote:
- what rate-limiting is built in, to prevent guix from being flooded
   with PRs?

I think the answers to those questions should have been well-known
*before* the bot was actually taken into use.  Without good answers to
those questions, I would consider the bot output spam.

A good way of using the bot would be to only use it on package you'd actually personally want to have updated.

A bot like GABBS should only be used to reduce the workload, not to enlarge it. It should be 'opt-in', doing work that people would otherwise (want to) do manually.

The reaction to aim for with a bot should be "oh nice, GABBS did the work for me, now I have more time to work on these other things". Something is wrong if the actual reaction becomes "I won't let a bot tell me what to do, I don't have time for this!"

- is there some sort of "human in the loop", so that its output is
  manually checked while GGABS is still wet behind the ears?

If done well, the P.R. can be the "human in the loop". Perhaps P.R.s can initially be assigned to the operator of the bot and only put up for general review (by whatever team the package belongs to) once the bot owner agrees on the changes?

Hugo


Reply via email to