For what it is worth Onno, I see no real reason for you to feel you need to keep your discussion "private" with Tom. I suspect that part of the reason you're not getting much in the way of feedback on the topic isn't because there is necessarily a lack of interest per se, but that there is a lack of general knowledge in the topic itself. For example - I've not the foggiest clue on how to deal with XML. It looks interesting of sorts, but I don't know what it does, how it does it, and what its original purpose was. I get the sneaking feeling that it is a sort of database type set up, a sort of formatting set up langage - but I don't know for certain. Rather than clutter up the list with my inexpert thougts, I figured I'd best be on the quiet side ;)
That having been said, if you were to embark upon teaching a little about what is involved with XML, what it can do, and how it might be generally helpful not only to someone such as yourself or Tom, but to someone like myself - you might generate enough interest for me to start looking into what is involved and trying to deal with it myself ;) -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Onno Meyer Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:57 AM To: The GURPSnet mailing list Subject: Re: [gurps] Building a VehicleML For now I've dropped html/css and switched to PDF via fop. I'm roughly where I was, but with better growth potential. I'm not sure if this a topic for GURPSnet. On the one hand, it is a debate between Tom and me. On the other hand, it isn't as if there was much other traffic. Lurkers, say something! _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
