Onno Meyer wrote:

I want to make my Vehicle of the Week archive accessible
on my homepage in something better than plain ASCII text
files. My current idea is to transcribe the archive into an 'universal vehicle format', which can be turned into HTML or PDF at the touch of a button. Currently I'm working on a VehicleML to PDF transformation, partly because I'm leaning towards PDF for my homepage and partly because I do XML to PDF at work. But the beauty of the concept is that I could do HTML relatively quick, too.

Highly recommend that not doing the PDF rout for your website. it great hurts the indexing (and the ability for people to find the page via searching) as well as re ability for theos with accibilty (like those that use special text to speach/brail converters, color blind people that use custom CSS for readiablity etc.

as simple XSL template can covert the XML straight into readable XHTML webpages, I mean by all meas also offer PDF download for printing but don't use PDF for site content

I'm puttering areund with a Java Character program myself that use XML for all it data, i can problem to the XSL myself but I would be very interested in reading an howto for XML to pdf
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to