On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Onno Meyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> > XML is much, much stricter than HTML and should really only be written > > by computer programs. That is also a strength: it is much easier for a > > computer to read it because it does not need to guess what the author > > meant by a particular tag combination. > > I fear I will have to transcribe a couple of hundred > vehicles by hand, no program could be that good :-( > > > The VehicleML proposal sounds like a plan to create a set of XML tags > > and give them meaning so that vehicles can be shared between software > > programs and easily converted from VehicleML into XHTML and other > formats. > > I want to make my Vehicle of the Week archive accessible > on my homepage in something better than plain ASCII text > files. My current idea is to transcribe the archive into > an 'universal vehicle format', which can be turned into > HTML or PDF at the touch of a button. > > Currently I'm working on a VehicleML to PDF transformation, > partly because I'm leaning towards PDF for my homepage and > partly because I do XML to PDF at work. But the beauty of > the concept is that I could do HTML relatively quick, too. > There are programs that can "wrap" selected text with HTML tags (that is, to place, for example, a <H1> at the beginning of a selected piece of text, and a </H1> at the end). With a list of tags, I could probably whip up a Visual Basic text editor that could make the necessary tag-wraps for you to use. (I'd do something more generic, but I am TERRIBLY out of practice) -- Craig Roth [email protected] _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
