> a few changes I think are needed > > only one <notes></notes> use the xhtml body tags > <gmnotes></gmnotes> same as <notes> but the GM private notes about the > vehicle
There are three or four kinds of notes, which need different treatment: * Design notes of the writeup format, cf Vehicles Lite. Those are part of the writeup itself. * Rules notes, not part of any official format, to clarify which rules sets and errata versions were used. Again, I consider those part of the writeup itself. * Writer's notes, like "another one for John Doe's game." If a writer wants them in, we should respect that and make them part of any rendering. Could be a disclaimer or the like, not fair to dump that optionally. * Notes by others, like the GM of a game. I'm terribly uneasy about those - I want to control what goes out with my name on it. > remove <week> add the week number to the bottom <notes> For v.o.t.w., week is a key metadatum. > <date> needs to be broken up into <day>, <month> and <year> Or clarify that is follows iso 8601. OTOH, that is the W3C standard, so it could be the default. > <copyright> for the copyright notice How we render that depends on the medium. It could well be the circled c rather than "all rights reserved". > <email> for email address of author Nope. These days, publishing email is an invitation to spam. Besides, for lots of writers I don't have current addresses. > all <size>/<aspeed> and like need a measurement attribute > <size measurement="USinch" >123x82x30</size> If it is not interpreted as text field, we should also make it length/width/height. > <aspeed measurement="USmph">2,360</aspeed> In that case, it should be <aspeed measurement="mph">2360</aspeed> to make it a genuine number. Except that I can't think of anything other than (US or international) mph in that field, so the attribute is rather pointless. _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
