On 02/09/2012 11:00 AM, annbw...@aol.com wrote:

Okay, folks, I may be getting a Steampunk urge, since a big event is right up
the road in May. I long ago wanted to do an 1870s bustle style and this seems
like a good opportunity. My question is, what pattern(s) do you all recommend
for an 1870s era bustle day outfit? I'm thinking bodice with high neck and 3/4
sleeves and underskirt with draped overskirt. I do have the skill to make some
minor changes to a pattern-could certainly modify the sleeve, for instance--but
want something that I wouldn't need to do a lot to, as time is of the essence.
Also not stuck on 100% authentic to the period--that is one of the appeals of
Steampunk!

I was hoping the Big Two had something that I could just pick up at the fabric
store and run with, but I didn't see anything suitable there.

Truly Victorian has some nice patterns for the bustle era:

http://www.trulyvictorian.com/

--
Cathy Raymond
ca...@thyrsus.com

"Even imperfection itself may have its ideal or perfect state."
--Thomas de Quincey