I made an early 1870 outfit for a client out of Truly Victorian
patterns, they worked pretty well, I had to alter the length greatly
but she was almost 6 ft tall....I did find the instructions to be
lacking in detail though.
 (the outfit she wanted was 1873 or 74):

you can see it on my website here:
http://www.vintagevictorian.com/1874.html

The patterns she chose:
101 Petticoat with Wire Bustle
305 Bustled Apron Overskirt
400 1871 Day Bodice
202 1869 Grand Parlor Skirt

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 3:45 PM, <annbw...@aol.com> wrote:

> If you want a very quick to put together dress the polonaise by Past
> atterns is very easy,
>

> Thanks, but I'm looking for more an early 1870s silhouette.
>
> Ann Wass

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com