I also like the Wisconsin patterns--I used the 1870s one, it was nice
but very short waisted, even for 1870s--just do a muslin first.

Katy

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Cin <cinbar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, what she said.  SHS  Wisconsin does a great job with their
> research which I know is an important factor to you despite the
> never-was that is Steampunk.
> --cin
> Cynthia Barnes
> cinbar...@gmail.com
>

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Maggie Halberg <hhalb94...@aol.com> wrote:
>> I really like the pattern put out by the State Historical Society of
>> Wisconsin.  You get the bodice, skirt and overskirt in the same pattern.  It
>> makes up really easily and comes with both a faster, modern method and a
>> period method in the instructions.
>>
>>  Maggie Halberg

Katy Bishop, Vintage Victorian
katybisho...@gmail.com                www.VintageVictorian.com
     Custom reproduction gowns of the Victorian Era.
      Publisher of the Vintage Dress Series books.