From: Catherine Olanich Raymond <ca...@thyrsus.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 11:08 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Pattern Suggestions

On 02/09/2012 11:00 AM, annbw...@aol.com wrote:

 Okay, folks, I may be getting a Steampunk urge, since a big event is right up
he road in May. I long ago wanted to do an 1870s bustle style and this seems
ike a good opportunity. My question is, what pattern(s) do you all recommend
or an 1870s era bustle day outfit? I'm thinking bodice with high neck and 3/4
leeves and underskirt with draped overskirt. I do have the skill to make some
inor changes to a pattern-could certainly modify the sleeve, for instance--but
ant something that I wouldn't need to do a lot to, as time is of the essence.
lso not stuck on 100% authentic to the period--that is one of the appeals of
teampunk!

 I was hoping the Big Two had something that I could just pick up at the fabric
tore and run with, but I didn't see anything suitable there.

ruly Victorian has some nice patterns for the bustle era:
http://www.trulyvictorian.com/
--
athy Raymond
a...@thyrsus.com