What part of the 1870s do you mean? The "natural form" of the later 1870s does include overskirts and yes, even bustles, but it is overall a narrower silhouette than that of the early and mid 1870s.

I put many patterns for the late 1860s in my book Reconstruction Era Fashions, and many late 1870s and early 1880s patterns in my two-volume work Fashions of the Gilded Age.

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com
www.facebook.com/LavoltaPress