Deanster could also act as a (Jabber/Drupal) single-sign-on point for
any Drupal Dean Nodes a Deanster also frequents.

We talked about this with Zephyr, and the deal is - if DFA run Deanster
then it cannot handle Authentication for the Nodes or they would have to
be vetted by DFA (ie official) so I don't think this is possible.

What about the opposite direction? Can unofficial nodes act as single-signons for Deanster? All this implies is that Deanster will trust an external source for identity validation, a necessary component of any distributed identity framework. To put it another way, how is this different from Deanster accepting MS Passport validation?

Not that I'm recommending this, but you get the point.

cheers
-josh