No, Tom it wouldn't, the entity is created when thrown but the timer
starts when the pin is pulled, in the meantime you can still hold a
grenade until it blows, if you would release it late then the sound
starts when it already explodes. But like you said, starting the sound
with the entity is all well and good which is why I thought of creating
a invisble entity that travels with the player until it is thrown, then
it's set to visble again.

Thanks for confirming Jorge, gonna start working on this now:)