From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com]
On Behalf Of Nephyrin Zey [nephy...@doublezen.net]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:59 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Server Scoring - an open letter to Valve :)

I don't really disagree with anything Richard has said, it's just not
really the point (i think) karl is trying to put forth.

> The current problems that exist aren't due to lack of tools, nor are they
> due to the idea that the lack of them has forced you to turn to illicit
> tactics which has jaded the players.  What's jaded the players is server
> operators who feel that they are entitled to something.

Why does the point of this have to be arguing about whose fault it is?
"Valve shouldn't improve the user experience because server operators
screwed it up, not them" That's great for being all on your
principles, but shitty for players.

- Neph