I think you're harping too much on the "fun" aspect - of course I find a lot of
this "fun" or I wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

As for the invite spamming "tool", it's not a tool per-se. It's simply a script
I wrote that enumerates the members of an existing public group, then awks out
the community id's. After it fishes that out of the html code, it merely tosses
them an invite - an invite that they can choose to ignore. The fact that it's
simple for anyone with a teeny bit of scripting ability to create such a thing
does nothing more than to outline yet another weakness in their community
system - for several reasons.

First is that the data is there for ALL to see, and that the "invite this
person to your group" link is there for ALL to click... It's a process that is
easy to automate - so easy I would argue it's probably exploitable "by design".

Secondly the fact that people will blindly click "Accept" to any group you
stick in front of them without really caring about its contents. As I said in
my original email, this makes the community tools of little value since the
community at large is simply joining a group just so they don't have to see the
damn invite again.

And WOW, Richard - If there's ONE thing I've learned about this whole attack of
yours, it's that there's no such thing as bad publicity! Thanks for that :)

-Karl