Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Massive TF2 Server Crashing

We think we have this fixed now. The gameservers were getting into a state where restarting part of the Steam service would cause them to crash. In fact, the second crash on Sunday morning (10:58am PDT) was caused by pushing the fix live. We restarted that part of Steam this morning at 10:40am PDT and there were no reports of servers crashing en mass around that time, so we should be good.

From this point forward, if you see any more instances of many servers crashing at once, please send me callstacks or crash dump files and I'll take a look.

Joe Ludwig
j...@valvesoftware.com

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.