----- Original Message ----- From: "PAL-18" <pal...@zombiegamer.net>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:20 AM
Subject: [hlds] Multiple Servers From Same SRCDS Installation = Bad?

I've read this on lots of forums but no one seems to have any concrete reason why this is bad:

Is it true that running multiple servers from the same SRCDS installation is bad? Does it cause stability problems? Performance problems? Lag? File corruption?

No, you need to ensure that things are configured properly but you won't get
any stabilty problems.

Performance should actually be better as it makes better use of filesystem cache
and dll cache in the OS.

We use this to run hundreds of servers.

The only issue we have are:-
1. demo's don't allow you specify a location to save them
2. configs need prefixing manually unlike other games which have a "base path"
command line option which makes everything very easy.

We've raised these enhancements a few times here before as it would things
so much easier if they where added :)

   Regards
   Steve

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to postmas...@multiplay.co.uk.