Start your server with koth_lakeside_event and i would recommend event247 instead of mix. A lot of people go for the new map, not the cycle of the old. Server is much harder (if you have new server) to setup with eventmix. If you have login setup and server seems to log in according to console ("SUCCESS") and configs are ok, you are in the quickplay. They seem to be ok, only i don't know if you are properly setup the login. Like this:

tf_server_identity_account_id numbershere
tf_server_identity_token "somerandompasswordheregivenbysteam"

2. Don't know about minimum but i assume atleast 8.

3. I dont think there is a limit. Unless it's came in with personal gift box drops. Might as well be limited. Who knows! (but i doubt).

-ics