@ Weasels Lair:

Agreed, however I look at that button as kind of a "I feel lucky" button,
in that it would allow players to find unique servers/game modes they might
not find otherwise (kind of a "stumble upon" for servers).

I think an important ingredient in a UI like that would be a re-design of
the client blacklisting system that would simply work with both the server
browser AND quickplay. That way, in the event the player gets connected to
a server they don't like, they could simply select "Never show me that
server again" in their blacklist and the problem would solve itself, etc.

The key, really, is player choice, and letting it decide the direction of
the game, instead of the false direction setting certain "defaults" as
Valve has done to artificially push the game in one direction or another.
Consider this....if Valve changed the first choice in quickplay from
Payload to Control Point, would control point maps/servers suddenly become
more popular?

Or course they would, because the "default effect
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_effect_(psychology)>" gives the
default option an unnatural advantage for both traffic and player counts.

That, of course, is simply another example of how  a system like quickplay
(or at least how it is implemented) has been stunningly harmful to the
game's diversity and development. When you only show a limited menu, and
essentially hide all the diversity that is available by default, almost all
of them will order the same thing each and every time....the consequences
of which are a slow, gradual decline in anything that doesn't fit those
"default" parameters, to include maps, game modes, and settings.

It's a false premise to say that community servers offer limited choices
these days. The truth is, quickplay caused community server to eliminate
choice, one map at a time.

Sure, it easy to say "but Valve introduced the Maps Workshop, and that's
for community servers, right?"....but the truth is, that's more for Valve
themselves than anything else - since it gives them an easier path to find
what few maps are still being developed and make it their own. Look no
further than their own forums and all the people asking why they can't find
any servers hosting workshop maps....it's because those servers are nearly
impossible to fill (again, because of the imbalance created by quickoplay).