I'm with Rowe. We should be speaking to the community. That is the only way
anything is going to change.

Arguing amongst ourselves as to why this has happened is a waste of our
time. Valve have made it abundantly clear they aren't going to change.

The only people who can make them change are the players playing on Valve
servers.

So how about we try to encourage TF2 players to join our servers and after,
gently introduce them to the problems?

There's only one way to do this and that is to go to where the people are.
Go to Valve servers consistently, play with people, make friends and invite
them to be an active part of your community. This is how most normal
communities are built when they can't rely on a stream of people to be sent
to them.

When poster advertising doesn't work (server browser) and your agent is
failing to find you work (Quickplay), then word of mouth is the only
solution.