So how do you combat against it then?

QP isn't as much of a problem as Valve servers are, Valve servers don't
show you what all you can do with the game, provide poor moderation, are
easily susceptible to hackers. The biggest issue is with players, players
who are new to the game do not learn on Valve servers for the most part,
being the way they are. Comp TF2 is having problems getting new people in
because there are simply not enough people around interested anymore. Your
first impression of a game is what makes or breaks it.

Fletcher Dunn of Valve even said this system would be bad for new players,
and they went with it anyway. QP on the other hand is just unfair, the
convenience sacrifices a lot of what the game has to offer, and puts more
powers in the hands of mega communities who know how to cheat the system.

*Matthew (Rowedahelicon) Robinson*
Web Designer / Artist / Writer
Website - http://www.rowedahelicon.com/