You seemed to have missed the point Matthias, I have genuine difficulty
that an individual such as yourself would be so truly bothered by a short
video in the MOTD played when you first join a server. Now don’t get me
wrong, I do agree there are some mildly agitating ways to implement adverts
and these ways shouldn’t be allowed. I personally would take exception to
A) Having to wait a noticeable period of time before joining a team. B)
Being unable to stop the advert. C) Being penalised for having HTML MOTDs
disabled D) Having adverts played after I joined a team for the first time.
(Ergo, on death, round win, timer etc.)

However, I would argue that those evils are a secondary problem with server
providers implementing adverts in a nefarious way as opposed to existence
of adverts themselves. Whilst these implementations may coincide with the
existence of adverts on some servers, I’m skeptical about the insinuation
that all server operators implement adverts in these ways as I know many do
not.

And I would further argue that banishing video MOTDs is not part of the
union of getting servers back into the default Quickplay pool as for again,
the current status quo is such that HTML adverts are not an issue in terms
of Quickplay and Valve coded a solution which prevents the MOTD being
reopened by a server for Quickplay connects. If you wish to change that,
perhaps you could start your own discussion, instead of flagrantly
derailing this discussion about the default Quickplay pools into your own
personal vendetta against advertising. I for one do not intend to continue
discussing side issues such as this in the given context of getting servers
back into the default Quickplay pool and would implore you to do the same.
Thanks.