This has the cool new commands you can run on the root server (shutdown will
shut each server down after its empty - you can't even do that on single
servers without sv_cheats tomfoolery :D) - type "find" to get a list.
Broadcast has some obvious uses too.

Unfortunately, there's some issues with console/logging output of all kinds
and this:
The "master" netconport seems to output the combined console data from all
servers (which I personally dislike, as it makes it impossible to use the
new commands), but stops outputting after the line "   VAC secure mode is
activated."  A "broadcast quit" will restart both the servers and the
streaming of console data, but the latter may stop at any time.  The actual
process will output the combined console data from all servers to the screen
for me, but not to if I redirect stdin and stderr to a file - the file
contains some of the startup information but no more.

More seriously, server instance netconports never contain any console output
at all, so to use them interactively I need to have 2 windows open: one with
the master netconport session to see the results (assuming that's still
working), and one with the server instance netconport to type the commands.
This lack of console output also extends to use of rcon; tools like hlsw
never get the results of their commands displayed, and neither does rcon
from within the game. ("rcon say hello" will result in hello being printed
to the main screen and nothing in the console, and "rcon status", which has
no visible effect other than console spam, results in nothing happening).
Not sure if streaming logs are affected because hlsw is the only tool I know
that receives them and it fails due to not getting feedback from its
commands.