Hi all,
As a pretty newcomer in the osm and hot communities, I personnaly had the
feeling that the 3 first tabs "Description / instructions / Contribute"
could be very easily enhanced, by just improving the text and its
organisation. Today, as I see the new #2228 - Hurricane Matthew: Jereme
Post Event Imagery <http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/2228>, instructions, I
see that there had been some improvements :)
I do not complain, and I applaud all the work done by HOT, but I think my
following comments and ideas could be helpful :

   - Description tab : often the same text for all the different Haïti
   projects. The general context is well explained, but we may miss some
   important context elements on the practical things (hearthquake in 2010,
   the date of the Bing imagery, the date of the new imagery).

   - Instructions tab: it was not explained how to use the new Digital
   Globe imagery in iD. IMHO, only the link is not enough: some people may say
   that it's only a strange line in the instructions and ignore it. The
   hierarchy of the informations provided on this tab is not adequate and
   almost inverted imho. What to do when 2 imageries coexist really missed me.
   The only information was the type of "use imageries in that order : DG,
   Bing, Mapbox", but we can identify simple and common cases that could be
   explained in a Frequently Asquesd Questions or something : what to do when
   a house is already mapped, appears on ancient imagery, and is not here
   anymore with the new imagery etc.

   - Contribute tab: maybe a reminder to read the instructions, and/or a
   phrase saying that "If you know what you are doing, you can validate, if
   not, you may let more experienced user take this role". The accessibility
   of the tiles given to only  users who have a certain level, as previously
   said, is a good and interesting idea, but is pretty drastic and limits
   freedom, wich is one of the powers of crowdsourcing. Ensuring a good
   instruction, and ensuring  a good peer-review by experienced users and not
   newcomers is what I think the most important.

This said, I agree that all the main instructions are already here, on the
welcome page and the tabs, but we still see people not reading them, so it
will be a choice to make by HOT community wether we keep users who do not
read them to be free to map badly or not.

Here are an other famous crowdsourced project that has fine tutorials in my
opinion. I put 2 links for people who do not know them, it could inspire us
for the HOT improvements (pay attention to the explanations given in the
tutorials) :

@Dale : thank you for your answer! No problemo I understand that you were
busy. I hope I did not spam you too much, sory about that :D

Thanks for everything,
HOT mailing list