On 07/11/2018 10:07 AM, Erik Krause wrote:
> Am 10.07.2018 um 17:10 schrieb Albert Szostkiewicz:
>> Personally I am interested in stitching 360 full, true HDR images. I am
>> hoping to stitch and get as much of original data as I can. With PtGui for
>> eg. I am able to throw my Canon RAWs directly and proper exposure merge is
>> being applied. With Hugin I am forced to use 3rd party apps for conversion
>> into TIFF or other format witch adds one more step of possible mistake.
>
> raw data is by no means image data, it's the raw reading from the sensor
> and it's awful. PTGui uses dcraw for conversion, which does a very basic
> job. Using dcraw you loose almost all benefits of shooting raw including
> correction of chromatic aberration, moiré, white balance, dead or hot
> pixels, highlight restoration or noise reduction. You might well get
> better images using jpeg straight from the camera. You don't get the
> full dynamic range either, since dcraw clips all channels to the lowest
> channel (thus avoiding a tint in clipped highlights). It is far better
> to use a decent and dedicated raw converter.

Hi,

I think this is exactly the problem. RAW converter replaces bad pixels
(overexposures, hotpixels, etc.) with some "guessed" values. This is ok
for single image, but when you have multiple image of the same area,
then there is a chance that another image has "real" values.

Currently Hugin does not have information about these "guessed" values.
There are some workarounds like using thresholds, but the results are
not optimal. Having this information directly from (integrated) raw
converter would work better.

Vladimir

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/ffad8a2f-1d6e-ccb9-7815-0e65041873a8%40suse.cz.