-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Chris Mason
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 6:11 AM

Greg

I see this is not the first time you have directed my attention to this
misuse of USS by the folk responsible for writing up APARs and PTFs.

There are "official" and "unofficial" documents. What you find on the
online
"bookshelves" and - I'm going to issue a challenge here - "announcement
letters" is, to my mind, "official". What you find anywhere else is
"unofficial" where nobody has bothered with what is "official" and with
what
might be ambiguous. This includes APAR/PTF text and red-whatevers -
since
others have appealed to redbooks for authority.[1]

Note what I quoted from Steve Thompson in my recent reply to Mark
Zelden.

[1] Actually the ITSO (redbook) locations have/had editors who really
should
be checking for official abbreviations and ambiguities.