On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:42:01 -0500, Paul Gilmartin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Is there somewhere a customer who has an esthetic dislike for
>"SYS1" and uses an alternative HLQ for production data sets?

Even today the default names in ServerPac don't have SYS1 for the products
I mentioned.  The names are ISP.*, ISF.*, GIM.*, etc.   It isn't a matter if
dislike so much as it is a matter of history and not changing data set names
that may be used in production and by end users.  The first MVS system I
worked on was an "Express" system (MVS SP 1.3) and I'm pretty sure I
remember all those different HLQs.   When I upgraded to MVS/XA I changed
it all.    Now try and do the same thing after another 20+ years of MVS
history at a shop.  Like I said... PITA.  :-)

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]