don't yell at him.  it was all on me.

if I may translate from German to English to be more precise:

Deer in German is Animal, Deer in English is a particular sort of animal.
Dog in German is one of those big things, I forget.  Dog in English is that
stupid 4 legged thing.
Hound in German is a dog, while my stupid idiotic brother-in-law keeps them in
a pen all year until Deer season.

I only was speaking of instances in languages that go specific to general, and
forthbackwards.  And more specifically German because we can all name a ton of
loan words from many other languages, but very few from German to English, even
though we are so very close.  I don't know why.

And so as not to keep you in suspense, what do you get from Finnish?

Yeah.  That hot thing.  Sauna.

But to still bring things back on topic, my initial query was, "Is there
anything so inherently better about the English language that makes it more
useful for computer languages?"

Most kind regards,
Lindy