From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Pommier, Rex
Sent: 09 December 2020 18:19
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: does anyone recall any details about MVS/XA?

Somewhere in the past, there was an article printed where somebody was gazing
into a crystal ball.  I have (maybe had) it on paper but can't find it right
now.  They were conjecturing on IBM's next OS and they called it MVS/ESB.  They
were pretty convinced that  IBM's next move from 31 bit was going to be to 48
bit.  Unfortunately I can't find the paper right now.  Ranked right up there
(without the massive publicity) of Steward Alsop's prediction of the last
mainframe being unplugged in 1995.

Does anybody else recall ever hearing anything like this?

Rex