Thanks for the notice. I'm downloading the file now and will discuss with our build team. I'll report back later.

On 09/17/16 6:01 PM, John Laubenheimer wrote:
The September 2016 refresh of the z/OS 2.2 manuals was loaded onto the IBM Publications
Center website this week. Upon trying to open the downloaded k4t4949b.zip file, Windows
File Explorer receives an error message "Windows cannot open the folder. The
compressed (zipped) folder k4t4949b.zip is invalid." It appears that the file was
zipped using the 7-Zip utility; 7-Zip opens the file nicely. This was probably done
(accidentally?) because 7-Zip can create a smaller file, reducing the time required to
download, as well as reducing the impact on the server.

To me, this is somewhat bad technique on IBM's part. This doesn't seem to have
been documented anywhere, and requiring a 3rd party utility to read the file is
not really a good idea. But, 7-Zip works (and is free)!

Attn. Marna ... can you speak to this, and maybe get this corrected?

Sue Shumway
z/OS Product Documentation Lead
IBM Poughkeepsie
chale...@us.ibm.com