On 10/12/2016 10:50 AM, Lopez, Sharon wrote:
Does anyone know if this product, Automatic Binary Optimizer, will actually
migrate Cobol V4 to V6 for you?  Our IBM reps are telling us that it will
actually do the migration for you.  Based on what I've read, it is a
performance product and I didn't see that capability.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

ABO only creates an optimized LOAD MODULE (program object). It does not convert your source to V6, and it will not give you all the optimizations of V6. Your biggest payback is if you upgrade your CPU, then you can run your load modules through ABO and get some of the optimization provided by the new hardware.

Tom Conley