So if you are not ready for COBOL V5/V6 migration and want the benefit of some
of the optimizations, then ABO can take your program and attempt to optimize to
a new program that is optimized.

However, it is not a migration.

And if you have a requirement for your applications to validate any program
that has changed, then you may still need to do this.  It is module to module
not source to source.

Also, if you are going to z/OS V2.2 then there is a way at the system level to
concatenate libraries in SYS1.PARMLIB

So rather than changing Production JCL to include a PDSE you can tell MVS that
if library A is in the JCL look in Library B first.

IEFOPZxx contains statements that define the load library data set optimization
configuration, which could, for example, provide a list of pairings of an old
Cobol load library and the intended new load libraries (one for each desired
architecture level) and specifies which members are to be processed (optimized).

send email to with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN