From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Conley
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 8:07 AM
Subject: (External):Re: ABO Automatic Binary Optimizer

On 10/12/2016 10:50 AM, Lopez, Sharon wrote:
> Does anyone know if this product, Automatic Binary Optimizer, will actually
> migrate Cobol V4 to V6 for you?  Our IBM reps are telling us that it will
> actually do the migration for you.  Based on what I've read, it is a
> performance product and I didn't see that capability.
> Thanks to everyone in advance.

ABO only creates an optimized LOAD MODULE (program object).  It does not
convert your source to V6, and it will not give you all the optimizations of
V6.  Your biggest payback is if you upgrade your CPU, then you can run your
load modules through ABO and get some of the optimization provided by the new

Tom Conley

send email to with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN