The logic is that if you've already ABO'd X-number of programs, you need to
check for the stupid PERFORM.

If located, fix the damn thing, then and there, test it, regression-test it,
get it completed.

Before ABO'ing, even if the code will "work", it is still garbage code (not
ABO's fault). So, since you're doing some work on it, change the garbage code
and do it properly.

Yes, I'm happy that ABO now deals with it correctly, I'm just far from happy
that the particular source code exists. It may be "working", it may be an
irrelevant error, it may be a subtle error, it is for sure an accident waiting
to happen.

send email to with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN