Noone on my team has heard of this.  Sounds good but we'll check it out
and give feedback.  Thanks, Bonnie

Bonnie Barthel | z/OS Support |  IBM Strategic Outsourcing Delivery |
720.396.6755 |  pager: cobon...@vtext.com

From:   Marna Walle/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   10/12/2016 02:35 PM
Subject:        IBM Education Assistance for z/OS - Useful??
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Hello IBM-MAINers,
I wanted to ask about the usefulness of the IBM Education Assistance (IEA)
for z/OS.

A little background:  IEA is found here:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/pages/IBMIEAV22avail?Open and
provides concise and technical information about a specific function
introduced in z/OS.  For instance, there is a module there for Dynamic
Logrec in z/OS V2.2.    It is intended to be a "one stop shopping"
location for new enhancements in a z/OS release.  Of course, all
information can also be found in the appropriate z/OS books.  We've had
IEA for both z/OS V2.1 and V2.2.

My questions are:
1)  is this is still a good way to provide this information to you?
2) with all the other ways to learn about new functions, is IEA still
needed by you?
3) are there particular topics in IEA that you like and want to continue
to see in the future?  if so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for any opinions you'd like to share.
-Marna WALLE
z/OS Installation, IBM Poughkeepsie