On 10/12/2016 4:35 PM, Marna WALLE wrote:
Hello IBM-MAINers,
I wanted to ask about the usefulness of the IBM Education Assistance (IEA) for
z/OS.

A little background:  IEA is found here:
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/pages/IBMIEAV22avail?Open and provides concise
and technical information about a specific function introduced in z/OS.  For instance,
there is a module there for Dynamic Logrec in z/OS V2.2.    It is intended to be a
"one stop shopping" location for new enhancements in a z/OS release.  Of
course, all information can also be found in the appropriate z/OS books.  We've had IEA
for both z/OS V2.1 and V2.2.

My questions are:
1)  is this is still a good way to provide this information to you?
I had NO idea this existed until your email. From a quick look this appears to be great site.
2) with all the other ways to learn about new functions, is IEA still needed by
you?
          I'm now book marking it so yes.
3) are there particular topics in IEA that you like and want to continue to see
in the future?  if so, which ones?
Can't answer yet as I need to spend some quality time at this site.

Thanks in advance for any opinions you'd like to share.
-Marna WALLE
z/OS Installation, IBM Poughkeepsie

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
b...@psu.edu

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan