> On Oct 12, 2016, at 3:35 PM, Marna WALLE <mwa...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Hello IBM-MAINers,
> I wanted to ask about the usefulness of the IBM Education Assistance (IEA)
> for z/OS.
>
> A little background:  IEA is found here:
> http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/pages/IBMIEAV22avail?Open and
> provides concise and technical information about a specific function
> introduced in z/OS.  For instance, there is a module there for Dynamic Logrec
> in z/OS V2.2.    It is intended to be a "one stop shopping" location for new
> enhancements in a z/OS release.  Of course, all information can also be found
> in the appropriate z/OS books.  We've had IEA for both z/OS V2.1 and V2.2.
>
> My questions are:
> 1)  is this is still a good way to provide this information to you?
> 2) with all the other ways to learn about new functions, is IEA still needed
> by you?
> 3) are there particular topics in IEA that you like and want to continue to
> see in the future?  if so, which ones?
>
> Thanks in advance for any opinions you'd like to share.
> -Marna WALLE
> z/OS Installation, IBM Poughkeepsie

Marne:
1. Yes!
2. Yes!
3.  A better way to config an IOCP

No remote learning. I went to one and after 1 day asked for the money to be
refunded.
I have given classes and the *ONLY* way to figure out if your getting the point
across is to look at the faces of the students.
Don’t hire instructors that are inflexible. I had several over the years and if
you contradict what is in the handouts and you prove it, the instructor should
be prepared to take corrections in the course.

Ed