On 10/18/2016 2:10 PM, Bill Woodger wrote:
What is SPE? I'm sorry if I appear naive on that, but search-engineing comes up with
"IBM Standards Processing Engine" which probably isn't what your SPE means.

SPE = Small Programming Enhancement.

In the old days SPEs were considered evil because "small" really means "large" (when compared with a typical PTF). Therefore, the chances of the SYSMOD going PE were orders of magnitude greater than a typical PTF.

PE implies HOLD(ERROR), which prevents later service from being applied.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc